Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

31 Days of Horror-- Day 7: The Essence of the Appeal of Horror in 2 Sentences

Today I want to talk about the appeal of horror in a little more detail.  If you are not someone who wants to “feel the fear” when reading for fun, it is hard to understand why some of us love it; in fact a large part of my book and this blog are devoted to conversations about the appeal of horror.

I spend a lot of time breaking down the whys and hows of the very best the horror genre has to offer fans. For example:

  • Click here for for my explanation the appeal of horror.
  • Click here for guests posts by horror authors where they answered my call to tell you why they love horror during 2012’s 31 Days of Horror.
  • Click here for every post I have labelled appeal on this blog.

But besides reminding you of what I have said in the past, today’s post was inspired by my colleague, Kimberly Stack, Collection Development Librarian at Baker and Taylor whose public library website is http://www.btol.com/p_library_details.cfm. Kimberly provides RA to librarians and in her words,  “the wonderment of working in a position like mine is that all my patrons are librarians."

Kimberly sent me a wonderful and instructional link that goes a long way toward explaining  the appeal of horror.  Entitled, “9 of the Most Terrifying 2 Sentence Horror Stories Ever Told,” it is exactly what it sounds like.  People wrote the best horror story they could in 2 sentences, and the results are chilling.

I feel like I can talk about why people like horror forever and you will think you understand, but if you simply click through and read a few of these 2 sentence stories you will feel it for yourself.

So, click away, but BEWARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment