Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

StokerCon Special Guest Interviews

As I have mentioned before, the Horror Writers Association has been making a concerted effort to work with libraries more. Back in 2015, they partnered with United for Libraries to promote  bringing horror authors to your library. Click here to read more about that program. They have also had a presence at the last few ALA Conferences. I know for a fact that they will be at this year’s in Chicago as they have asked me to help and I am working on setting up a few special events with them.

And this year, along with making ME the first ever Librarian Guest of Honor, they are also having an entire day just for us:

Click here for details
I realize that most of you cannot make it out to Long Beach later this month, but even if you cannot make it, there is a great resource I want to connect you with that will help you to help patrons right now. It’s the HWA’s YouTube channel featuring interviews with all of the special guest, including ME.

Yes, you can click here to see me explaining what RA is to horror writers. It was quite fun, and after we finished up I learned how “cool and interesting” all of the writers are going to think I am.

I am used to going to Library Conferences where we all know, basically, what each other’s jobs entail, but as I prepare to enter this world of the writers’ conference I am realizing that while I understand their world, they have no idea what we actually do. It will be an interesting 5 days, that is for sure. I am not only speaking to librarians at the conference, but I have also been asked to be on a panel for the writers about how to work with libraries.

I will be blogging a lot while I am there to share the experience with all of you.  In the meantime, I suggest you look at the interviews with some of the author special guests to learn more about their work and horror in general. Maybe make a display of the books of all of these writers along with the Bram Stoker finalists and put it up in honor of the Con at your library later this month.

Here are the direct links to a few of my favorites to get you started. All are short and worth your time. These are authors that you can find in most public library collections:

No comments:

Post a Comment