Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Amazon Cops Out on Horror Best List

After releasing their overall top 100 last week, Amazon began publishing their genre top 10 lists.  As I was looking through them, I noticed there was not a top horror list.  Okay, I thought, that's fine.  That is, I thought that until I looked at this top 10 list for "Mystery and Thriller:"

This list has 3 horror titles in it: The Passage, Full Dark, No Stars, and Horns!  If 3 of the top 10 "Mystery and Thriller" novels are pure horror books, why not have a horror list, Amazon?

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy that 3 horror titles are in this list, but if there are that many great horror books this year, shouldn't they get their own list? Just asking.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100% Not only are they doing there readers a disservice,it undermines a publishers ability to represent an author effectively. If anything there should be a clear Horror Genre List and subsets within Horror..Cheers!

    ReplyDelete