Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Horror Review Index Update featuring Ellen Datlow and Jeani Rector

I have added my review of Ellen Datlow’s new collection, Black Feathers: Dark Avian Tales to the Review Index. But, since it is also Women in Horror Month, posting this review made me think of another female horror editor I enjoy, one you probably know a lot less about.

First let me start by saying, Ellen Datlow is the queen and the king of horror editing. She is without peer in her talent and in her prodigious output, but I have also long admired Jeani Rector.

Her work on The Horror Zine is amazing. She leads a team that publishes short fiction, poetry, art, and reviews of other books. She also has published numerous story collections and even a few novels of her own. Ms. Rector’s work as an editor has received much acclaim. Click here to check out The Horror Zine for yourself.

So, if you like Datlow and buy her collections for your library- which I know you do-- why not give a collection edited by Rector a try too? It would be a good way to celebrate WiHM.

No comments:

Post a Comment