Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Friday, November 17, 2017

Register Now: Librarian's’ Day At StokerCon in Providence, RI 3/1/18

This is a cross post with RA for All

As I have hinted at a few times here and on the horror blog, I was asked by the Horror Writers Association President, Lisa Morton, to organize the second annual Librarians’ Day at StokerCon 2018. Last year I was their special guest for the first annual one, but had no say in the planning. This year-- cue evil laughter-- they put me IN CHARGE! Seriously, they have let me loose on an entire day of conference programming....BWAHAHAHA

Thankfully, I have the necessary experience, having been part of planning conferences big and small. But I also knew that I couldn’t do this alone. The very first person I thought of to help me was local, had the necessary skills, and most importantly was a friend, a friend who I knew I would work well with- Kristi Chadwick. Kristi is not only a librarian who works as a consultant for the Massachusetts Library System, so planning and running programs and training sessions is literally her job, but she is also the SF/FSY/Horror columnist for Library Journal. And she said, YES!

Kristi and I have been hard at work behind the scenes and can now officially announce that registration is OPEN for this wonderful day of programming. [See below for the details and necessary links to the StokerCon 2018 Librarians’ Day page.]

Of course there are still many specifics to announce but I promise you this will be worth your time. And if you register before 1/31/18 you save $10. It is only $65 for a full day of professionally planned sessions with catered lunch and free ARCs.

What are you waiting for?!? I already have my plane ticket. Kristi and I doing this as volunteers, that’s how much we both believe in the importance of this day for you and your work with leisure readers.

This is the only 1 day horror conference in the world for librarians, organized by librarians. The entire day is completely about you and your service to your readers. I always talk about how the HWA cares about library workers; well with asking me to run this day for them, they have done more than just tell you that you matter to them, they are showing you.

Come hang out with us and dare to improve your service to your scariest readers. I can’t wait to see you all there.

***********************************


Join Stoker Con for a special day-long program of panels and presentations for librarians!
Becky Spratford, author of The Readers’ Advisory Guide to Horror, 2nd edition [ALA, Editions] and horror reviewer for Booklist and IndiePicks Magazine and Kristi Chadwick, Consultant, Massachusetts Library System and Library Journal’s Science Fiction Fantasy and Horror columnist are coordinating the event.

March 1, 2018, 8:30-4:30

Cost: $75—$65 with Early Registration Discount Code: PROVIDENCE.

Select “Early Registration” and enter the code. Expires January 31, 2018.


Lunch included!

ARCs for all attendees!

Programming will include:
  • 120 Years of Dracula, from Novel to Stage to Large and Small Screens, presented by Dacre Stoker!
  • Horror Programming at Your Library, a panel discussion with Christopher Golden, JG Faherty, and more! 
  • Lunch, featuring an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Kristi Chadwick and Becky Spratford!
  • A panel discussion moderated by Becky Spratford with newer horror authors you need to know about right now!
  • A Book Buzz to end the day, featuring the very best upcoming horror titles, presented by publishers big and small, with ARCs and tote bags be given to all attendees!

Click here now...if you dare!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment