Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Friday, October 30, 2020

31 Days of Horror: Day 30- #LovecraftFridays Finale and How to Get Up to Speed

This year on 31 Days of Horror I worked in partnership with @ItsNiaMya from Library Journal as we hosted #LovecraftFridays on Twitter and here on the blog. This was part of the larger Library Journal #LJReads program. Every Friday in October we will dissected LOVECRAFT COUNTRY the novel by Matt Ruff and the hit HBO show. We came up with 4 larger themes and took a deep dive into them each week.

Each Friday in October around 5pm eastern, Nia posted a thread on Library Journal's Twitter to start the larger discussion on the topic. To supplement the discussion, I prepared some more reading lists and background information to help you put it into a broader context and help your library patrons.

I hope you enjoyed the month long discussion and engaged with us. Actually, even though we are done, you still can participate in the conversation anytime using the #LJReads and #LovecraftFridays hashtags. Pass it on to your patrons and encourage them to participate too.


Today to wrap it all up we have a live, free, wrap up program. Sign up now and find all the details by clicking here or on the graphic.

I know the event will be recorded, so if you cannot join us, you will still have access to the recording. 

One of the participants is Alex Brown, an award winning critic, who wrote the official episode reviews for Tor.com which you can access here.

Brown's episode recaps with commentary along with the #LovecraftFridays threads will help you get up to speed on the conversation, the show, the book, and the intersection of modern horror and racism. 

I hope you can join us, but if not, I will make access to the recording available as soon as I can.

And as I said here on the blog last week:

I can't wait. I don't know if I am more excited that we all get to nerd out together or that I know our entire program will be making Lovecraft spin in his grave while we do it.
*Cue Evil Laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment