Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Friday, January 7, 2022

More information About the New Middle Grade Bram Stoker Category and a Great MG Horror Resource

Beginning with titles published in 2022, there will be a Bram Stoker Award category for Middle Grade Horror. I have been involved with this process for many years.

When the category was announced, a group of Middle Grade Horror authors reached out to the HWA to help promote the new category to their authors and I was tapped to be the official HWA interviewee.

That group is call Spooky Middle Grade and before I get into the interview I did with them, I want to pass this website on to all libraries. It is a coalition of authors who write horror for ages 3-8. They have banded together to work with schools and libraries to promote their work. Please check out the website and contact them to appear at your library. There are big name, best selling authors here.

And they are supper easy and nice to work with. I reached out and we have 2 authors coming to be a part of Librarians' Day at Stoker Con.

Now on to the details about the history of the HWA's support of Middle Grade Horror and about the addition of the Middle Grade category beginning with books published in 2022 and going forward.

Click here for my interview with best selling author Jaqueline West and learn all about it.

Finally, bookmark Spooky Middle Grade as a go to Horror resource. I have already added it to my Horror Resources page here on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment