Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Becky's Best Horror of 2022

Today marked the end of #LibFaves22. I wrote about how I always choose to use this 10 day event as a chance to post my personal top 10 list of Horror titles.

This year I am choosing to share them in the order I read them. Ask me on different days and a different one of these books would be my favorite of the year, so I thought the was a better way to list them since they have to be in some kind of order.

Below you will find that list, all in one easy to access post with direct review access and my 3 words. But I also wanted to remind you that you can find all of my reviews always at this link, and the vast majority of those reviews are Horror. I also have that link easily available at the top of my "Horror Reviews Index" page in the right gutter of every page of the blog. And finally, you can access every one of Becky's Best Horror of the year going back to 2005 in my "Archive of Becky's Lists, Articles, and Presentations" page.

Enough preamble. Here is the list.

Becky's Top 10 Horror of 2022

Manhunt by Gretchen Filker-Martin (band of survivors, thought provoking, action packed) 

The Fervor by Alma Katsu (constant unease, multiple storylines, historical)

The Pallbearers Club by Paul Tremblay (original, immersive, pervasively creepy)

The Ghost That Ate Us by Daniel Kraus (verisimilitude, immersive, escalating dread)

The Devil Takes You Home by Gabino Igelsias (lyrical, brutal, strong narrative voice)

Our Wives Under the Sea by Julia Armfield (lyrical, disquieting, heartbreakingly beautiful)

Ghost Eaters by Clay McLeod Chapman (high anxiety, addiction, original twist on haunting)

The Hollow Kind by Andy Davidson (perfectly paced, strong sense of place, immersive terror)

Breakable Things: Stories by Cassandra Khaw (intensely unsettling, though provoking, immersive)

The Babysitter Lives by Stephen Graham Jones -- audio only (disorienting, character centered, original haunted house)

No comments:

Post a Comment