But first, some housekeeping:
- As if you didn't know, the Bram Stoker Awards and the Vampire Novel of the Century were announced on March 31st. Click here for the official results. I was very happy to see Joe McKinney's Flesh Eaters win best novel. His Dead City series is fabulous, and I highlighted it in my PLA presentation
- We hit Disneyland on vacation. I talked at length to my kids about why they loved The Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror rides. I will turn this information into a post about the appeal of being scared very soon.
- Weird Fiction Review ran a great series called 12 Days of Monsters while I was on vacation. I especially like this post where they asked writers to talk about their favorite monsters.
- The Monster Librarian had this great interview with Kim Newman.
- Finally, in not quite horror news, I read the ARC of Gillian Flynn's new book (Gone Girl out 6/5/12) and loved it. It is dark, twisted, and the closest thing I have read to a Hitchcock movie in years!!! I will have a review the first week of June. This month, I will also have some news about Flynn visiting the Berwyn Library this summer. But you will have to wait for details. All I can tell you is that it is a done deal and we will have at least 60 seats for non-Berwyn residents. Oh, an no charge! Stay tuned for details.