Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back from Vacation

Things were quiet here, I know.  I was on vacation for 10 days in sunny Southern California.  But I am back now and have a some great stuff planned for the coming weeks leading up to the release of the new book this month.

But first, some housekeeping:

  • We hit Disneyland on vacation.  I talked at length to my kids about why they loved The Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror rides.  I will turn this information into a post about the appeal of being scared very soon.
  • Finally, in not quite horror news, I read the ARC of Gillian Flynn's new book (Gone Girl out 6/5/12) and loved it.  It is dark, twisted, and the closest thing I have read to a Hitchcock movie in years!!!  I will have a review the first week of June.  This month, I will also have some news about Flynn visiting the Berwyn Library this summer.  But you will have to wait for details.  All I can tell you is that it is a done deal and we will have at least 60 seats for non-Berwyn residents. Oh, an no charge!  Stay tuned for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment