Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Friday, October 30, 2015

31 Days of Horror: Day 30-- Small Presses, a Change in My Archive, and Why You Should Care

Thanks to JournalStone and all of the authors who agreed to complete the interview for this blog.

And thanks to all of you who entered the contest to win one of two free copies of The Gods of HP Lovecraft. I had dozens of entries.  The two winners were picked using random.org and witnessed by my husband early this morning. They have been contacted.

I have worked with JournalStone before and can tell you that I trust the quality product they put out, but they are not the only independent horror publishers worth your time.

I keep a page of the Best Independent Horror Publishers for Libraries in the right gutter of the blog at all times; however, I gave it a major overhaul this year.

Below, I have reposted the updated page, which explains the overhaul,  to remind you that you can use it all year long as part of your collection development of your horror collections.

Back tomorrow for the final day of horror and Halloween!!!

Best Independent Horror Publishers for Libraries (updated 10.15)

There are many specialty, small presses who are dedicated to putting out as many horror publications as they can. As the editors over at Horror Fiction Review once noted, "The horror genre is one of the few genres that even HAS its own small press. Many mass market horror authors were discovered there. I believe the small press is (and actually has been for quite some time) the FUTURE of horror fiction."

I agree and I want to highlight some of the very best of these independent horror publishers. In the past, I have tried to be inclusive and include as many as possible, but I found that this resulted in a list that was too long to be useful to the average American public library as a collection development and purchasing tool. And since that is the whole reason I am here....

Also, in the past few years, a few of the larger independent presses have been consolidating.

So as of October of 2015, I have narrowed the focus of this page to include only the horror independent presses I have found to produce a consistent product worthy of being considered for your public library collections.

So please visit the pages of these publishers and consider ordering some of their books for your patrons.

Here they are in alphabetical order:

No comments:

Post a Comment