Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Monday, October 17, 2016

31 Days of Horror: Day 17-- Sourcebooks' YA Horror

Today I have 3 YA books from the independent publisher, Sourcebooks, courtesy of their Library accounts manager, and one of my friends [from before she worked for Sourcebooks], Margaret Coffee. Margaret has been selling YA books for years, first with Scholastic [for many years] and others before joining a Sourcebooks team that has been exploding with NYT bestsellers over the last year. Point is, she knows her YA titles. 

I asked her if she had any horror that she really liked for teens and she drove these 3 books over to my house the next day.



One thing I have learned over the last 16 years is that if Margaret likes a book, it is worth reading. She was one of the early readers of Harry Potter people. Listen to her. I do and it has served me well.

But beyond simply trusting her, here is a list of those titles and authors with the information [and link] from the title’s Goodreads page:
One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards:
Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Are they labels or a warning? The answer could cost Sera everything.  
Murder, justice, and revenge were so not a part of the plan when Sera set out on her senior camping trip. After all, hiking through the woods is supposed to be safe and uneventful.  
Then one morning the group wakes up groggy, confused, and with words scrawled on their wrists: Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous.  
Darling. Their supplies? Destroyed. Half their group? Gone. Their chaperone? Unconscious. Worst of all, they find four dolls acting out a murder—dolls dressed just like them.  
Suddenly it's clear; they're being hunted. And with the only positive word on her wrist, Sera falls under suspicion…
Frayed by Kara Terzis  
Dear Kesley,  
My therapist tells me I should write you a letter. Like flushing all my thoughts and feelings out of my system and onto paper. I tell her it's a stupid idea. 
But here I am, writing a letter to a dead girl. Where do I start? Where did our story begin? From the moment you were born...or died?  
I'll start with the moment I found out the truth about you. Your lies and my pain. Because it always begins and ends with you. 
And that end began when Rafe Lawrence came back to town... 
Ava Hale will do anything to find her sister's killer...although she'll wish she hadn't. Because the harder Ava looks, the more secrets she uncovers about Kesley, and the more she begins to think that the girl she called sister was a liar. A sneak. A stranger.
And Kesley's murderer could be much closer than she thought...
A debut novel from Wattpad award-winner Kara Terzis, Frayed is a psychological whodunit that will keep you guessing!   
The Cabin by Natasha Preston
There may only be one killer, but no one is innocent in this new thriller from Natasha Preston, author of The Cellar and Awake.  
When Mackenzie treks to a secluded cabin in the woods with six friends, she expects a fun weekend of partying, drinking, and hookups. But when they wake to find two of their own dead and covered in blood, it's clear there's a killer among them.  
As the police try to unravel the case, Mackenzie launches her own investigation. Before long secrets start to emerge, revealing a sinister web of sins among the original seven friends. The killer is still free. Every one of them is a suspect. And Mackenzie starts to realize that no one is innocent… 
These are finished copies of these books, courtesy of Sourcebooks, that you can to your libraries collection right now.

For this giveaway I am accepting entries for libraries. Email me with the subject “YA Horror” to zombiegrl75 at gmail dot com by Friday 10/21 at 5pm. I need your name and your library’s name in the body of the email. I will only accept entries from the US and Canada and I will only send the books to a library.

By the way, I have another giveaway with finished books to add to your collection going until tomorrow at 5pm central. You have to click here and follow the directions to enter. Sorry to be so specific but with the number of entries and having multiple giveaways going on at once, it is the only way I can make sure I am being fair to everyone.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment