Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Thursday, October 5, 2017

31 Days of Horror: Day 5: Becky’s Original Content

Today I will wrap up the tutorial/overview of what you can find here on the blog to help you help readers with links to the treasure trove of original content I have created and posted over the years.

I have some specific columns and special features to point out as well as some tips on how to use the tags I provide to help you find the mot useful information quickly.

The first place you need to go is the page I have for my original lists, articles, and presentations. The page isn’t long but it is very useful, with lists going back over a decade! Here it is so you don’t have to click away before reading the rest of this post:

------------------------------------------------------

Becky's Original Horror Lists, Articles, and Presentations [updated 10.17]

Over the years I have created many annotated lists of horror books worth your time. This page will serve as an archive of those pre-blog lists and as a repository for any new lists.
I take over Library Journal Readers Shelf Column Twice a Year:
I regularly write articles and give presentations about horror. Here is a link to the most up to date presentation slides. [Older slides can be found by some deep searching of the blog.]
Here are some of the pieces I have written about helping horror readers:
------------------------------------------------------
As you can see my newest LJ column is not available online yet. It will be soon, and when it is, I will alert you and post it. But look at all of these lists of titles that you can suggest, and since they are annotated lists, I have also given you a book talk for each title- a way to hand sell it without reading it yourself.

This page has direct access to the original content that I think will be the most helpful, however, that does not mean it is the only original content I have created that will help you.

So, second, here are a list of the tags [with direct links] that have a high percentage of original content by me:

  • Backlist Not To Miss: A mix of my features and older books that have come up other places
  • Best List: Lots of best lists including my year end bests.
  • Trends: Where I let you know what you should be paying attention to. Currently [Oct 2017], horror novellas and audio are HUGE trends.
  • Year in Review: What it sounds like.
I hope these few days of tutorial posts have helped you to get the most out of the blog. Yes, I know I am taking of advantage of the increased number of eyes on the site to promote this blog, but really, I want you to remember I am here the other 11 months of the year too. I don’t update the site every day like the general blog, so often people forget to check it.

Remember, this blog is more of a standalone resource than a conversation starter. Use it like a database. I have worked hard to make sure the information you want and need is here and as easy to access as possible.

Tomorrow I have a post highlighting the other people who are on a month long journey with me, including a library that has gone all out this year. I hope they serve as an inspiration for you to try something new next year.

Until then, use this blog to identify a scary read for someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment