Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Monday, October 9, 2017

31 Days of Horror: Day 9-- Becky's #HorrorForLibraries Project

While I was a Guest of Honor at StokerCon back in April 2017, I set about on a fun Twitter RA project. I took selfies with authors who I thought you should carry in your libraries. It was a fun way to let the authors know that the library world wanted to connect with them AND to let library people know about more authors.

My Australian colleague Ellen Forsyth kindly combined the Tweets from the entire weekend into one Storify which you can access here.

While I was gathering the photos I realized this was something I could keep doing, but without the stalking authors and asking them to pose for pictures. So I started a hashtag on Twitter “#HorrorForLibraries.” These are books or authors that I tweet about or whose reviews I retweet that I think are worth the attention of library workers.

Both links are great collection development tools and can also be used to suggest books to readers. I have added them to the Horror Review Index to make retrieval easier.

I will keep using “#HorrorForLibraries” on Twitter but feel free to join in and identify horror titles and authors for others. As long as you use the hashtag, they will be included in the search that runs overtime someone click on the link in this post or in my Horror Review Index. Just 1 Tweet, and you will help me help library land and our readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment