Today, I wanted to highlight horror blogs. Below, I will attach the complete list below, but I would like to first take a moment to highlight the work done by the Horror Blogger Alliance. From their "Information" page:
Welcome to the Horror Blogger Alliance, a site dedicated to the individuals that pour their tireless effort, heart, and soul in to writing about the genre they love: Horror. It is always important to recognize the hard work that every person contributes to the online blogging community, and every single person deserves the right to be read. As such, this Alliance is an open-admission organization that will hopefully be used to promote new and existing blogs and bloggers, and help introduce the community to a wide variety of different talents! What does it take to join? Nothing! Who decides if you are a member? You. If you are interested in joining, join. You are free to use any of the banners and icons provided on the site to promote yourself as an official Horror Blogger Alliance member. We also welcome everyone to submit introductions to any of our team members to be included as a new blog post on the site so that other bloggers will be aware of your online presence. All new members will be linked to on the right hand side of the screen, and we welcome any banner ads! We also recommend visiting all of the HBA members' individual blogs and following them to continue to help build lasting friendships and community.
-Carl Manes [Godfather]
That being said, welcome to the site, and we look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
There are thousands of people writing blogs out there for just about every type of book you can imagine, but very few have taken the time to organize themselves into a collective that supports and encourages the entire community.
The result of this work if a wonderful tool for you and your readers. If you want to know what is going on in the horror world, directly from the point of view of its fans, this is the resource for you.
For the other blogs I have found useful, click here or just look below:
Blogs Worth a Look:
- Bibliophile Salker: A speculative fiction blog
- Bookgasm: "Reading Material to Get Excited About" (direct link to horror reviews)
- Dark Whispers: Blog of the Horror Writers Association
- Ecstatic Days: Blog of uthor and reviewer, Jeff Vandermeer
- Genreville is a Publisher's Weekly hosted blog that follows science fiction, fantasy, and horror publishing news. This is a must read resource for librarians managing horror collections.
- Horror Blogger Alliance: Home of the online horror community
- Horror Drive-In: Horror reviews, interviews, and discussions
- Horror Reanimated: "The Voice of Bloody Books"
- HorrorScope: The Australian home of dark fiction
- Last Writes: The Blog of Dark Moon Digest
- Paperback Horror: Blog has an index of reviews by author and title
- Scary Minds: more Australian Horror