Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Sunday, October 4, 2020

31 Days of Horror: Day 4- Reviews Index With New Titles Added

I post most of my reviews on the main blog and then archive them in the Horror Review Index. But to make sure that they are also searchable by title here on the horror site, I occasionally list them in a post, as I will do today at the end of this post.

It's all about ease of discoverability. I have to make sure every title can be accessed with a simple title or author search on either blog, and this is th e most efficient way to do that. Well, I don't actually have to, but that MLIS degree tugs on my conscious if I don't.

In general the Horror Reviews Index is an excellent place to find reviews by author. But on that page I also have links to other great review resources. From the top of the page:

Here is an author index to all of the reviews appearing on this blog (or before this blog began on RA for All) with the links leading you to the review itself.

But, because I am only 1 person, and I cannot possibly get to every book that could be a good fit for your patrons, I also offer the following links to Becky approved horror reviews:

  • This Is Horror’s review archive: This British based site is the best regular review source for horror. Sometimes their titles overlap with mine, but because all they do is horror, they are able to get to many more than I can.
  • Sadie Hartmann's Reviews: Goodreads has a great community of horror reviewers, but Sadie, known as Mother Horror, is one of the best. Like me she is also a professional reviewer, but while I review for the library sites, she reviews for the major direct to readers' outlets. She marks which of her reviews appear in those publications.

Also, I use Twitter to regularly alert you to books and authors that are a great “#HorrorForLibraries” option. Click on the link to pull those up-- whether or not you have a Twitter login the link will work. This is another great resource to find horror suggestions.

Between this index of my reviews [below] and the links above, you have thousands of choices of excellent terrifying reads for your patrons. No more excuses that you just don’t know what to suggest. I have given you plenty of options for every type of potential reader.

And remember, it doesn’t matter how old the book is. A great title from 5 years ago is still a good read for someone. Dig through the backlist. Here’s a way back example; it’s still a great read.

Now to the updates. Click on each title, in the list below, to see the full reviews and my "three words."

No comments:

Post a Comment