- From Miskatonic Books Blog, a re-imagining of H.P. Lovecraft's The Tomb as a Dr. Seuss book.
- Is Anne Rice bringing back Lestat?
- From the HWA's Halloween Haunts, author Laura Benedict passes on a cautionary tale about being careful who you scare.
- Amazon studios has optioned its first novel to make into a movie, and it is the horror novel Seed.
- Nightmare Magazine launched its first issue on October first. They plan to publish monthly with 2 new fiction stories and 2 reprints in each issue, along with other content. Click through to read the first editorial explaining their mission and goals.
- From JournalStone Publishing's blog, Three Hallmarks of Horror: Part I (Location).
- My friends Rebecca and Karen at Shelf Renewal reposted the comments from October of 2010 when they asked readers to share their favorite scary stories, including my response. They are asking again. So click through to share your opinions. The final list will be compiled and posted on Halloween.
- From The Rap Sheet, the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum in Baltimore may be revived.
- Joe Hill announced his new novel, NOS4A2 (its a vanity plate; say it out loud) will be released in April 2013.
- And the filming of Joe Hill's previous novel, Horns has begun with Daniel Radcliffe sporting his horns.
Friday, October 5, 2012
31 Days of Horror: Day 5-- Horror Related Links Round-Up
Over the course of the month, I am collecting the interesting things I have found to pass on to you. Today is the first of those Links Round-Ups: