Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days of Horror: Day 8-- Free Horror Online

In the coming weeks during 31 Days of horror, I will be reviewing specific horror titles, providing lists of 2011's best horror, and letting you know what to look for in the coming months, but before I get specific, I want to continue with a more general introduction to the genre.

One of the great things about the horror community, is its camaraderie.  Yesterday, I highlighted a network of horror bloggers and how they work together for the benefit of all fans of the genre.

Today I wanted to point out the authors and websites that give readers a taste of their work for free, in the hopes that they will support it with their dollars later.

I want to be clear here.  I am not talking about classic works of horror for which the copyright has run out.  These are links to new works by authors both new and established.  The horror community is aware that the best way to get new readers is to hook them with something for free and reel them in begging for more.

Here are some of my favorite places to read horror online:

This should get you started.  Why not leave a comment with a link you happen to use and enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment