Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

31 Days of Horror: Day 26-- Podcasts and Recordings Featuring Me

Yesterday I posted the recording from the conversation I moderated for the Book And Author Society, but this Halloween season, I made a few other  appearances that you can now access from the comfort of any computer, for free.

Taken together, these appearances provide a snap shot of Horror in libraries at this current moment and also give you a plethora of ideas, links, and resources to promote Horror all year long. As this special month of daily reminders about the vibrancy and breadth of the genre winds down, it is important for you to keep suggesting Horror in every season.

And to help you keep going, ALA Editions is offering my readers $5 off my book, The Readers' Advisory Guide to Horror, 3rd Edition [2021], from now until the end of the year. Just use the code RAGH22 at check out. 

Now to those appearance links for your viewing and listening pleasure.

The first was back in September when my HWA Library Co-Chair Konrad Stump and I appeared for New Jersey LibraryLink in early September and presented Horror Readers' Advisory: How to Help Your Scariest Patrons which you can now watch here.

My editor at ALA Editions also interviewed me for American Libraries Magazine's Call Number Podcast. I am after R.L. Stine, which made me think about it the way-- R.L. Stine opened for me. A girl can dream right. You can listen to that entire episode here.

This past summer, the library workers behind Down Time, a podcast produced by the Cranston [RI] Public Library reached out to me to do an episode about Horror with them. That podcast went live yesterday and you can listen to it here.  Or anywhere you get podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment