Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

31 Days of Horror: Day 8-- The Appeal of Horror via Clay McLeod Chapman on CrimeReads

One of my FAVORITE Horror reads of 2022 was Ghost Eaters by Clay McLeod Chapman. It has locked in a place on my personal Top 10 of 2022 for sure. 

Chapman has also been a great Summer Scares author for us this year, promoting his novel The Remaking all over the country, virtually and in person. 

I purposely did NOT invite Chapman to write a Why I Love Horror essay for this month's blog-a-thon specifically because I have been keeping him so busy. [This is not an exaggeration, he was squeezing in in-person library visit in the NYC area at my request as late as 2 weeks ago.] 

However, Chapman did write this wonderful essay of CrimeReads entitled, "Our Death Rooms: The Act of Mourning in Horror," which absolutely fits the "Why I Love Horror" bill.

Click here to read Chapman's essay and please, pick up a copy of ALL of his books.

And, it is never too late to contact me to book Chapman at your library. As we say in the Summer Scares community, once a Summer Scares author, always a Summer Scares author.

To book any Horror author at your library, Chapman included, email myself and Konrad Stump at libraries [at] horror [dot] org.

Again, the essay access is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment