Summer Scares Resources

Click here to immediately access the Summer Scares Resource page so that you can add some professionally vetted horror titles into your reading suggestions and fiction collections for all age levels.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

31 Days of Horror-- Day 14: Get Your Nose Out of a Book and Go Experience Some Horror

Today I have a plea for everyone to go out an experience some of the fun that comes from a good, honest scare. I have mentioned it a thousand times-- but that doesn’t mean I won't again--  understanding the appeal of why your patrons love feeling the fear will help you to serve them better.

If you really can’t get yourself to read a horror story, why not go out an visit a haunted house or take a ghost tour.  This time of year there are many options.

Start here to find a haunted house near you.

If you live in Illinois, I highly recommend the Haunted Illinois Directory. They have a full slate of Halloween activities and coupons available.

I will be following my own advice tonight as I host a group of about 120 librarians as Garret [left] leads us on Lincoln’s Ghost Walk as part of the Illinois Library Association Annual Conference in Springfield, IL.

Speaking of Garret, a big thanks to him and his company, Springfield Walks, for agreeing to lead such a large group right in the middle of their busiest time of year for haunted tours.

I can hardly wait. I know I will be seeing some of you there.

Whether it is tonight or some other time, get out there and experience some terrifying fun first hand.  You might even be able to write it off as work related research.

No comments:

Post a Comment